SAP Information Lifecycle Mgmt (ILM)
It is very important to develop an appropriate approach to management of data lifecycle, especially for personal data. In this context retention of data is very important. Retention period should not be longer than necessary (for the purposes for which the data was obtained). When purpose expired / terminated, data should be removed. The SAP ILM (Information Lifecycle Management) solution could be very helpful in data lifecycle management.
SAP ILM is a tool for managing information lifecycle. It enables you to manage data volumes and to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements at the same time. It manages access to data by giving you the possibility to create and apply retention rules determining when data must be deleted, because the reason of its storage expired / terminated (Retention Management). Tool helps in storing archival data on disused systems (System Decommissioning) and ensures that unnecessary data will be deleted.
SAP ILM (Information Lifecycle Management):
- A comprehensive approach to managing information lifecycle
- Ability to archive structured and unstructured data
- Ability to block selected data what prevent their destruction
- Lowering the data storage costs
- Reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Reducing the workload of employees and database resources
- Addressing audit requirements regarding to security and processing of personal data
- Reducing risk of data leakage and total data volume
- Ability to implement the SAP IRF tool
SAP IRF (Information Retrieval Framework)
Allows you to search for and retrieve all personal data of a specified data subject.
SAP ILM and GDPR compliance:
- A tool for managing retention of all data, including personal data
- Possibility to create retention rules and data destruction rules (eg deleting data after expiration / termination of storage basis)
- Prevents unauthorized access to archived personal data, redundant in daily work
- Easy deletion of personal data for which the legal basis related with processing and storage has expired
- Removal or transfer of personal data from disused systems
SAP IRF and GDPR compliance:
SAP IRF might be considered as a potential tool for complying with data protection requirements (right to be forgotten, right of access to data, right to transfer data). It might be used to inform the data subject on his/her personal data undergoing processing, including the reason (purpose) for processing. The search results are displayed in a comprehensive and structured list containing all personal data of the data subject specified, subdivided according to the purpose for which the data was collected and processed.